Patient Centered Medical Home
Patient Centered Medical Home is Milford Regional Physician Group's approach to providing total health care to patients.
What does it mean?
Patient Centered Medical Home means that you will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals using the best evidence-based medicine and resources that will work with you to optimize your health goals.
As your Medical Home we will:
- Help you manage your healthcare;
- Provide you with educational materials regarding your health;
- Answer your health and medication questions;
- Listen and assist you with your concerns;
- Work with other medical experts if necessary;
- Coordinate your care through additional services;
- Engage you to play an active part in your own health care;
- Screen you for behavioral issues, such as depression, and provide treatment or specialist referrals as necessary
What can you do for your own health?
As a patient, you are a key member of the medical home team and it’s important for you to play an active role. You can do so by communicating openly with your provider and asking questions that help you better understand your diagnosis. To help us coordinate your care, please inform your team of any other providers who care for you.
Of utmost importance is that you take care of your health. Your team will collaborate with you to develop a care plan which includes attainable goals. We encourage you to ask questions to understand how to follow that plan. Your team will regularly review the care plan with you. If you are having any difficulty reaching the goals or taking your medications, notify your team immediately so that they assist you and adjust your care plan accordingly.
Checklist for your appointment:
- Write down the names of your team members;
- Bring a list of any questions that you may have;
- Discuss the health issues that are most important to you first;
- Review and understand what was discussed with your team members at the end of your visit;
- Request a transfer of all relevant medical records to our practice. Please note that should you need to obtain your Milford Regional Physician Group record for any reason, the medical record release form is available at your provider’s office or online at www.milfordregionalphysicians.org/downloads.